There are 7 methods for navigating in Sales Territory Map:
1. Zoom In - Click on the map to create the upper left hand corner of the map, drag a rectangle for the viewing area, and unclick the mouse at the bottom right hand corner.
2. Zoom Out - Click anywhere on the map to zoom out by 30%, centering the map on the spot you clicked on.
3. Move or Pan - Drag the map where you'd like it.
4. Double click on legend - zoom to the territory, district, region, or area you double clicked on.
5. Right click on legend - zoom to that location and hide all other locations
6. Search - enter a ZIP code or city name in the search box and click on the binoculars or hit enter. A table will appear with all matches. Double click on the one you want to zoom to.
7. Zoom to all 48 states by clicking on the Zoom 48 button.
Settings and Preferences
ZIP Code borders - move the slider to change ZIP code borders to be always off, always on, or at a certain Zoom level (most helpful) so that the borders turn themselves on or off at the appropriate time.
ZIP Codes checkbox - to turn the ZIP Code labels on or off
City Names checkbox - to turn Cities on or off
Slider above these controls - to change how many labels are on the map
Adding, Deleting, Renaming, and Moving Territories
On the top of the legend, drag the words "Drag to Add Item at same level" to another territory in the same district as you want the territory to appear.
Drag the words "Drag to Add Item at same level" to another district in the same region as you want the district to appear.
Adding regions and areas - use the same process.
Drag the words "Drag to Rename Item" to the item you wish to rename. Type in your new name and hit Enter.
Making sure that your territories have no aligned ZIP codes, your districts have no territories under them, etc., simply drag the words "Drag to Delete Item" to the item you wish to delete.
Simply drag the item you want to move to the item where it should report into. For example, to move a territory from District 1 to District 2, drag the territory name to the words "District 2"
There are two methods of aligning in Sales Territory Map.
Begin by clicking on the Align button.
Then, choose from either of the following methods:
Drag and drop ZIP codes from one territory to another.
Loop Align or Lasso
First, select your alignment destination. This can be done by either right clicking on a ZIP code in your desired territory destination or left clicking on that territory in the legend (use this method for new territories).
Next, left click on ZIP codes in the map to make points of a polygon you wish to align. Finish by double-clicking to set the last point of the polygon. All of the ZIP codes that have centroids within your polygon will be moved to the alignment destination.